One month before social-distancing measures were implemented in the United States, health system CIOs ranked their priorities in a CHIME survey sponsored by CereCore. As these technology leaders evaluate how to advance their organizations into a new normal, the takeaways from this survey become even more thought-provoking in ensuring that IT demonstrates value, maximizes spend, and supports the changing strategies.
The CIO survey results include the following results:
- Optimizing the EHR/EMR ranked as the top health IT priority. Telemedicine and analytics weren’t far behind.
- Operating cost pressure was the biggest barrier to making progress with health IT initiatives.
- The majority of responding CIOs reported they have not performed an application rationalization or vendor contract consolidation across the enterprise.
- Over one-third of CIOS have not considered using a managed service provider to address gaps in bandwidth or application support.
- Over 61% of survey respondents have not received the value they expected in more than half of their engagements with managed services providers.
- Expertise with the application was the top factor in choosing a managed service provider followed closely by Healthcare expertise.
Download the survey infographic to see the full results.