There are two important factors in achieving your organization’s revenue goals. First, increase the number of referrals that stay in-house. Second, provide Referral Coordinators with the tools and workflows needed within Epic to manage referrals. To do this, we recommend the following:
- Review your “Provider Finder” and “Order Composer” configuration to ensure that when the system prioritizes the display of providers, it’s using the correct logic.
- Try using geographic areas near the patient’s home address or near your office when referring other providers to the patient, and verify the system is meeting their needs.
- Analyze current reporting capabilities on out-going referrals at provider-level, to increase your ability in providing individual assistance.
To eliminate some of the burden on scheduling referrals, you should:
- Analyze your “Auto Status Assignment” and “Auto Scheduling Status” configuration for automation opportunities, in order to, reduce the number of manual touches required by your Referral Coordinators.
- Review your “Benefits Engine” setup for procedures requiring pre-authorization, and evaluate work queue assignments to identify any inconsistent workflows.
Performing these tasks will help you increase in-house referrals, improve visibility around referral leakage at the provider-level, and reduce strain on your Referral Coordinators, by sending referrals directly to the scheduler.
We understand the importance of minimizing referral leakage, and managing those referrals in an efficient and effective manner. We can provide advice, and recommendations for how to adjust your Epic EHR to best support both of these goals. For more details on our low-cost, short-term analysis, you can download the solution overview here.
Our team is experienced and have been successfully providing services to hospital systems for over 15 years. CereCore has the highest quality experts and our network consists solely of ex-Epic or highly tenured industry professionals. To start a conversation or schedule a meeting, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 855.276.9112.